In 2012, I first opened my studio to the public through Arts Obispo’s annual Open Studio Art Tour. Pleased with the response, I have since participated each year. I am now on the Open Studio Arts Obispo steering committee and host several other artists who join me during the tour as well.
Last year, I began holding weekend workshops for small groups. Not only did my students learn to create pieces of jewelry, we had great fun and became great friends! I will again be giving workshops later this year.
In the past several years, I have shown in the following galleries and stores as well as patrons’ collections.
- Park Street Gallery (juried), Paso Robles, CA
- Gallery Los Olivos Member Artist (juried), Los Olivos, CA
- Phantom Sculpture Gallery (juried), Robert Hall Winery, Paso Robles, CA
- B. Anthony Jeweler (featured artist Art After Dark), San Luis Obispo, CA
- San Luis Obispo Museum of Modern Art Gift Shop, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Beacon Art Show (juried), San Luis Obispo, CA
- Network Gallery (juried), San Luis Obispo, CA
- Phantom Sculpture Gallery (juried), San Luis Obispo, CA
- Vault Gallery, Cambria, CA
This year, I began working in copper as well as silver, and I have added large cabochon semiprecious stones set in bezels. Each piece that I create teaches me and inspires new designs, and I find excitement in creating art that people appreciate and wear. My work is organic and produced by hand-my mantra is that the hands and hearts of artists create art. We leave our mark upon our creations, as no machine ever will.